Allied Chemical Corporation, also known as Allied Corporation, was a chemical manufacturer that operated from 1920 to 1985. It was one of the largest chemical companies in the world and had a significant impact on the industry. In this article, we will discuss the history of Allied Chemical Corporation.
Allied Chemical Corporation was founded in 1920 as the Allied Chemical and Dye Corporation. Its main products were synthetic dyestuffs and chemicals for the textile industry. In the 1930s, the company expanded into other areas, including plastics, rubber, and agricultural chemicals.
Post-World War II Expansion
After World War II, Allied Chemical Corporation continued to expand, acquiring several smaller chemical companies. In 1958, the company changed its name to Allied Chemical Corporation to reflect its broader range of products.
In the 1970s, Allied Chemical Corporation faced increasing environmental concerns, particularly regarding the use and disposal of hazardous chemicals. The company began to invest in environmental research and development and implemented new policies to reduce its environmental impact.
In 1981, Allied Chemical Corporation merged with the Signal Companies to form Allied-Signal Inc. The new company focused on aerospace, automotive, and electronics, as well as continuing to produce chemicals. In 1985, Allied-Signal Inc. sold its chemical division to Henkel Corporation.
Allied Chemical Corporation had a significant impact on the chemical industry. It was a major producer of chemicals and played a role in the development of synthetic materials. The company also faced environmental challenges that led to increased awareness and regulation of hazardous chemicals.
Allied Chemical Corporation was a major player in the chemical industry for over 60 years. Its impact can still be seen today in the development of synthetic materials and the increased awareness of environmental concerns. Although the company no longer exists, its legacy lives on.