Slime is a popular toy among kids and adults alike. It is a gooey, stretchy, and squishy substance that is fun to play with. However, most of the slime recipes call for borax, which can be harmful to the skin. In this article, we will show you how to make slime with Mod Podge and without borax.
What is Mod Podge?
Mod Podge is a water-based sealer, glue, and finisher that is often used in craft projects. It is a versatile substance that can be used on a variety of surfaces, including paper, wood, fabric, and plastic.
To make slime with Mod Podge, you will need the following ingredients:
- Mod Podge
- Food coloring
- Shaving cream
- Contact lens solution
Follow these steps to make slime with Mod Podge:
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of Mod Podge and a few drops of food coloring.
- Add 1 cup of shaving cream to the mixture and stir well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of contact lens solution to the mixture and stir well.
- Knead the slime with your hands until it becomes stretchy and smooth.
- If the slime is too sticky, add a little more contact lens solution and knead it again.
Here are some tips to make the perfect slime with Mod Podge:
- Use a white school glue instead of Mod Podge if you want a more transparent slime.
- Add glitter or sequins to the mixture for a sparkly effect.
- Store the slime in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
Making slime with Mod Podge is a fun and easy activity that you can do with your kids. It is a great alternative to borax-based slime recipes and is safe for the skin. Follow our instructions and tips to create your own slime and enjoy hours of squishy fun!