Coleslaw is a popular salad dish made with shredded cabbage and carrots. It is often served as a side dish with burgers, sandwiches or barbecue. There are many variations of coleslaw, but one of the most delicious and easy to make is white wine vinegar coleslaw. In this article, we will share with you a simple recipe for white wine vinegar coleslaw that will surely satisfy your taste buds.
To make white wine vinegar coleslaw, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 head of cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Here are the steps to make white wine vinegar coleslaw:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and grated carrots.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots and toss well to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, give the coleslaw a good stir to redistribute the dressing.
Here are some tips to make the perfect white wine vinegar coleslaw:
- For a creamier coleslaw, add more mayonnaise.
- For a tangier coleslaw, add more white wine vinegar.
- For a sweeter coleslaw, add more sugar.
- For a crunchier coleslaw, add some chopped nuts or seeds.
- For a spicier coleslaw, add some chopped jalapeno peppers.
White wine vinegar coleslaw is a refreshing and tasty salad that is perfect for any occasion. It is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. With this simple recipe and helpful tips, you can make the perfect white wine vinegar coleslaw that will impress your family and friends. Try it today!